- Create animation rigs for different character types including humans, animals, creatures and mechs.
- Facial rigging for humanoids and creatures.
- Work closely with Lead Animator, Lead Character Artist, Lead Technical Artist, Engineers and Game Designers to ensure that 3D characters are able move and perform in an attractive manner in-game.
- Help to establish character animation and export workflow from 3D animation package to game engine.
- Help to establish workflow for the handling and management of animation assets.
- Maintaining a consistent quality of work while staying on schedule.
- Work with Engineers to execute character animation system according to game design requirements.
- Support Animators and Character Artists by creating necessary tools according to project needs.
- Trouble shooting for animation related issues.
- Possess an inquisitive mind with a passion for creating 3D character animation and character rigs.
- Self-motivated, possess good communications skills, and is a great team-player with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude.
- 5+ years experience in rigging for game development, and creation of animation tools using Mel and Python with at least 1 shipped title in a senior role.
- An exceptional understanding of anatomy and body mechanics.
- Good knowledge of Maya and associated tools relevant to animation and rigging (additional experience with Motionbuilder is preferred).
- Ability to systematically grasp things and process them efficiently.
- Understanding of a project’s visual style and a passion to push it to the next level.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Solicits feedback frequently; accepts critiques and uses feedback to improve work.
- Experience in Unreal Engine a plus.
- Experience in 3d Max a plus.
- Programming experience or knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Mel or Python.
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles, as an animator or rigger.
- Experience in handling motion capture data.
E-mail us email@example.com
with the following:
- E-mail Title:
"Senior Technical Animator/Rigger - Your Name"*
- Linkedin URL
- Anything else that shows your work